Skip to Main Content

Academic and Social Growth for ALL students, EVERY DAY!

Getting Help

Personal Concerns

For help with personal concerns that may impact a student’s school life or activities.

  • Parent/guardian or the student should communicate with School Counselors; they are trained to offer help with personal problems and may lead students to other resources.
  • The Counselor or Administrator may work with the parent/guardian of the student to make a referral to Best Point Education and Behavioral Health for therapeutic services.

Peer Relationship Problems / Bullying

  • At SLSD, we take bullying, harassment, and intimidation seriously and encourage students and parents/guardians to report any mistreatment, so that it can be addressed immediately.
  • Speak directly with your student’s teacher.
  • Speak directly with your student’s School Counselor or Administration team.
  • Complete the "My Side of the Story" form - see a school administrator for a copy.
  • Click HERE to review the SLSD Board Policy on Hazing and Bullying.

Self-Harm Concerns

It is critical for the School Counselors to know if your student is experiencing thoughts around self-harm. Your School Counselor will help you navigate the supports available and connect you to resources.

You should also consider contacting Cincinnati Children's Hospital at 513-636-4200 or the Psychiatric Intake Response Center (PIRC) at 513-636-4124.

Behavior Supports

If your student is having a difficult time with their behavior at school, with the school environment, or at home, please reach out to the building administration to discuss the possibility of a behavior plan.

The administration will work with you and the building team to determine tiered interventions and may even include the help of a SLSD Behavior Specialist to help your student build the skills they need to grow the most both at school and at home.

Counseling and Non-Academic Supports

For help with daily living resources (basic needs), our School Counselors are your best contacts. They work to create wrap-around services, particularly for non-academic factors that create barriers to learning.

In addition to physical needs and housing supports (basic needs) they may also help a family with psychological and/or behavioral needs.

They also serve students and families that are facing homelessness and/or family crisis.

Foster Care Support

Contact our Pupil Services Director, Kiersten Rogers, at 513-367-4139 or email 

Medical Support

  • Short-term or long-term medical-related supports may need to be put in place through our district nurses.
  • Individual Health Plans are created and monitored by our nurses.
  • To speak with your student’s school nurse, select "School Nurses" in the column to the left and select the nurse at your child's school.
  • If you need assistance over the summer, please contact the school administration.

Help with an Individualized Health Plan

For help with issues related to a student’s IHP:

  • Speak with your student’s School Nurse.
  • Speak with your student’s Principal.

Academic Barriers

For help with academic concerns, the student/parent or guardian should:

  • Contact the teacher who teaches the subject. If the problem remains unresolved to the parent/ student’s satisfaction, contact the school counselor or principal to discuss involvement of the IAT (Intervention Assistance Team).
  • If the concern involves College Credit Plus (CCP) or career planning, your student’s School Counselor would be your best resource.
  • If your concern involves questions about Great Oaks Institute of Technology, speak with your student’s career tech counselor at Great Oaks.
  • If you are seeking tutoring support, contact your student’s School Counselor.

Help with a 504 Accommodations Plan

For help with issues related to a student’s 504 Accommodations Plan:

  • Speak with your student’s teacher.
  • Speak with your student’s School Counselor. 
  • Speak with your student’s building Administrator.

Translation Support

For help with translation services for your student, contact your student’s building Administrator. 

Help with an Individualized Education Plan

For help with issues related to a student’s IEP:

  • Speak with your student’s teacher.
  • Speak with your student’s IEP Case Manager. If your concern incorporates multiple classes, start with the IEP Case Manager.
  • Speak with your student’s building Administrator.

Athletics/Extracurricular Activities

For help with issues involving extracurricular activities, the student/parent or guardian should:

  •  Talk to the advisor assigned to the club or activity.
  •  For middle school/high school athletics, follow the chain of coaching command. If that does not resolve the issue, speak to the school’s Athletic Director.
  •  If the problem remains unresolved, speak with the Principal.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-TALK) poster

SLSD Community Resources

Emergency Contact Numbers

For any emergency / urgent situation, Call 911.

Children’s Hospital Psychiatric Intake Response Center (PIRC):  513-636-4124




Trevor Project Crisis Line--LGBTQ National




Suicide Prevention Lifeline


Harrison Police Non-Emergency


Whitewater Township Fire Non-Emergency


Crosby Township Fire Non-Emergency


Safer Ohio Tip Line


Best Point Education and Behavioral Health


Abuse/Domestic Violence


YWCA Domestic Violence Shelter


Shalom Center for Elder Abuse



Clothing and Household Items



  •        Church on Fire Ministries / City of Refuge 513-708-0583
  •        Pathways to Home 513-367-1441
  •        Whitewater Crossing Church Life Center 513-738-7500
  •        Wildcats Care


Other Supports




Harrison JS Food Pantry


Freestore Food Bank


NAMI of Southwest Ohio


Su Casa


Cancer Family Care


PFLAG LGBTQ+ Family Support


loading gif